A Green Gift List
In the spirit of the upcoming holidays, let's talk about ways to give holiday gifts to friends and family, your affiliate community, and our environment! We've created a quick of list ways to give back this holiday season.
- Nominate a deserving volunteer, educator, student, or organization for one of our Keep Texas Beautiful Awards: What better gift to give than the gift of recognition? If you know of an outstanding contributor to efforts to enhance communities and keep our state beautiful, please nominate them for one of the yearly recognition awards on our website.
- Donate to the Rebuilding Texas Fund: Give a holiday gift to a community affected by Hurricane Harvey, here on our website! All donations to the Rebuilding Texas Fund are 100% pass-through and will help revitalize communities across the state. Let's give gifts to rebuild Texas.
- Give Keep Texas Beautiful merchandise: Know an amazing volunteer who loves keeping Texas beautiful? Give them some great apparel! All 50th anniversary merchandise is 50% off this holiday season, and other apparel is 20% off. Proceeds go to towards supporting KTB programs and affiliate communities. Check out the selection here.
- Apply your community for grants: Each year, Texas communities stand to gain thousands of dollars to support community improvements projects from dozens of grants. This holiday season, you can give your community the gift of funding by working with your affiliate organization to apply for grants. A good starting place when looking for grants that may fit your community is the Grants section of our website.
- Prepare to your 2018 GCAA application: $2 million will be split amongst 10 Texas communities in 2018 through the prestigious Governor's Community Achievement Awards! Prepare your community for success by gathering your application materials. The 2018 application questions can be previewed here. Application submissions open on January 1, 2018.
Although not all of these gifts can be unwrapped, they are all great ways to give back to your community and state this holiday season. Happy holidays, and happy gifting!