Form an Affiliate
Congratulations! You have taken an important first step by expressing your interest in becoming an official KTB affiliate community. Begin the process by filling out our online KTB Prospective Affiliate Form, or view the steps below.
Steps to Becoming a KTB Affiliate
- PROSPECTIVE AFFILIATE: Complete and submit our KTB Prospective Affiliate Form and watch our Intro to KTB webinar. Staff will review your form and set up a time to discuss your interest.
- PROVISIONAL AFFILIATE: Complete and submit the online affiliate application and $150 application fee. Once all materials have been received by staff, you will move into Provisional Affiliate status and receive an affiliation packet.
- Determine organizational structure and board membership.
- Prepare mission statement.
- Prepare bylaws, organization guidelines, ordinance, and/or resolution for the organization.
- Get the facts about your community.
- Develop a one-year strategic plan, including the project(s) you would like to accomplish in the first year.
- Establish a budget; this may be in-kind.
- Develop lists of community/volunteer organizations and media, including any locations that will assist you in accomplishing your intended projects.
- OFFICIAL AFFILIATE: After submission of all necessary documents, to be reviewed and approved by KTB staff, you will move into Official Affiliate status. A KTB Affiliate sign will be mailed and you will be recognized on the KTB website.
As an Official Affiliate, you are required to submit dues, complete a report, participate in training and conduct an event annually.