Young Texan Ambassadors
Now Accepting Applications!
The Young Texan Ambassador Program invites Texans ages 15-25 to help us keep Texas beautiful. Ambassadors are passionate about the environment and are committed to making Texas the best place to live, work and play through volunteerism and leadership. Applications are due on March 5.
Ready to take your volunteerism to the next level and help better the Texas environment?
The Young Texan Ambassador Program seeks to inspire and empower youth to keep our communities clean and beautiful by providing them with resources to:
- Educate on the importance of litter prevention and other environmental efforts
- Spread awareness and organize efforts in their local communities
- Become leaders and capacity builders in their communities
What are the requirements?
- Commit to one year of service as an Ambassador.
- Represent and uphold the mission and values of Keep Texas Beautiful.
- Adhere to local and state ordinances in regards to COVID-19.
- Attend the Keep Texas Beautiful virtual orientation and review the Ambassador handbook.
- Attend at least 4 workshops throughout the year.
- Actively strive to keep Texas beautiful through cleanup efforts and spreading awareness.
- Organize and participate in at least 1 litter cleanup event and submit a wrap-up report for each event.
- Share pictures of your event on your social media and tag Keep Texas Beautiful and other applicable sponsors.
What are the benefits?
- Receive 1 cleanup kit that includes:
- Ambassador t-shirt and bandana
- Trash bag, gloves, hand sanitizer, masks
- Don't mess with Texas® activity book and swag
- KTB swag
- Ambassador t-shirt and bandana
- Resources and tools to help you lead your own cleanup efforts and engage your community
- Opportunities to network with and learn from ambassadors across the state
- Dedicated support from the KTB team
- Opportunities for leadership and development
- Résumé booster and community service hour fulfillment
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to live in Texas to serve as an ambassador?
Are Ambassadors required to use social media?
- Yes, Ambassadors must use at least one (1) social media account in order to promote Keep Texas Beautiful.
Are Ambassadors required to participate in in-person events?
- Attend or organize at least one (1) organized cleanups in my area and assist with the planning/organization of a cleanup with my local affiliate (if my area has an affiliate). That event can take place safely using socially distancing and utilizing proper PPE. Ambassadors can choose to participate in this event with only family members or in groups of 10 or less. We expect all Ambassadors to follow local and state guidelines in regards to COVID-19 precautions.
When and where will YTA meetings and workshops be held?
- All meetings with KTB staff and other ambassadors will be conducted virtually for everyone across the state. Most workshops and meetings will be after school hours.
Is any previous experience required?
- We accept applicants of all levels of experience and knowledge on environmental issues, leadership skills, and any relevant experience.
How many ambassador applications are you accepting?
- We are hoping to bring on 40 ambassadors this year.
When will I hear back about my application?
- We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis beginning in February, so the sooner you apply, the better. We will be officially announcing ambassadors in mid-March.
Meet our Ambassadors