Thanks to Recycle2Support, Keep Texas Beautiful is proud to announce the 2018 Recycle2Support Recycling Grant Program winners.
Grants will provide the five affiliate communities with the monetary assistance they need to help strengthen their local recycling programs. Learn how each affiliate will be utilizing their grant monies and what their goals for this project are:
2018 Grant Winners
- Keep Chandler Beautiful their grant will be used to grade and pave a 400 sq. ft. area on a major street of the town, equipped with a paper and plastic roll off, and aluminum collection bin.
- Keep Smithville Beautiful plans to use their grant award to provide needed updates to their local recycling center and, in turn, encourage recycling efforts within their community.
- Keep Pearland Beautiful is focusing their efforts on their schools, implementing small and large bins in cafeterias and classrooms, replacing old and broken receptacles and beginning new recycling programs in schools without.
- Keep Waco Beautiful plans to purchase 3 glutton blue recycling stations, equipped with four separate sorting areas to enhance standard recycling within the community and food waste disposal, as well.
- Keep Farmers Branch Beautiful will use the grant money to help fund a series of activities to kick-off its textile recycling program that will provide communications and outreach materials to get the community involved in the program.
Congrats to all of our winners! Check out the video below for pictures of their projects.
The minimum grant award is $400, and the maximum award is $1,000
Eligible applicants are KTB affiliates who are in Good Standing or above (Gold and Silver Star)
- Grant money must be spent and/or projects completed by September 7, 2018
- Other sources of funding may be used to complete the project; however, project must be completed
- Applicants must agree to submit a wrap-up report by the deadline noted (see “Timeline” section)
- Only fully completed applications submitted by the deadline, by eligible parties, and in compliance with application guidelines, will be considered
- Use of social media and pictures to promote grant activities is encouraged; grant recipient should use the KTB handles below:
Sponsored by Recycle2Support