Texas Legislative Resources
On February 21, Keep Texas Beautiful visited our elected officials at the Texas Capitol to educate the new legislature on the value of KTB programs and the positive impact that our affiliates have in their local communities.
See photos from the day online @KeepTxBeautiful on social media to learn about affiliate coordinators, board members and volunteers who joined as we met with district officials and staff throughout the day.
Legislative Activity - 86th Legislative Session, 2019Texas Legislature Online
- Search legislation by bill number or key words
- Create your own customized free account to compile bill lists and receive alerts
- View live broadcasts of Senate and House meetings
- View committee membership and meeting schedules
- City-related bills filed, updated regularly
- This resource gives some good information on TML’s involvement in the legislative process and shows just how many bills filed and passed affect city’s decision making
Works in a bipartisan manner to protect and enhance the Texas business climate and make the state’s economy strong
- TAB’s state priorities
- TAB’s scorecard from the 85th Legislative Session - how legislators voted on specific bills that impact small and large employers across Texas
An affiliate-only benefit, log into your Affiliate Portal to access past recordings on telling your community story.
- Metrics & Measurement (51:36)
- Digital Outreach, Social & Email (48:01)
- External Communications (26:24)
- Sponsors and Donors - (44:56)
- Brand Positioning - (47:03)
Webinar: Legislative Best Practices for Communities: Building Relationships with Your Decision Makers
An affiliate-only benefit, register to attend this webinar on Wednesday, April 10.
Join Keep Pearland Beautiful and Keep Texas Beautiful for a webinar on how to build and cultivate relationships with your elected officials. Many groups and municipalities are busy right now advocating for certain issues or legislation in Austin at the Capitol during the 86th Legislative Session, but this webinar will go over what affiliates and communities can do in the interim between legislative sessions to advance their mission and any specific legislative asks.
Keep Pearland Beautiful's Executive Director, Andrew Miller, will give a local affiliate's perspective on how to build relationships at the local level with important decision makers like city council members, city management, and state representatives. Keep Texas Beautiful's Program Director, Sara Nichols, will then expand on this and speak more to how affiliates can better communicate the value of their programs and the impact they have on their community to decision makers.
Featured ContentCommunity Engagement in the Legislative Process
Legislative Session Round-Up for Affiliates