Keep Texas Beautiful affiliates are qualifying cities, counties and/or communities that work alongside us in our mission to educate and engage Texans to take responsibility for improving their communities. Affiliates are the volunteers who organize local cleanups, design and implement recycling programs, and educate local populations.
KTB strives to provide tools and services to our affiliates that will enable them to work on the front lines of our shared missions. The tools and services provided by KTB empower affiliates to focus on and become effective in the mobilization of grassroots volunteers to address such issues as litter prevention, solid waste management, recycling, beautification and general community improvement.
- Access to our network of more than 390 community affiliates, enabling you to connect and share ideas, projects and solutions as you work toward a common goal
- Access to KTB’s partner organizations, including Keep America Beautiful, and major agencies such as the Texas Department of Transportation, Texas Parks and Wildlife and the Texas Association of Regional Councils, among others
- The annual conference provides opportunities to meet and share ideas with more than 500 affiliate representatives, sponsors, exhibitors and partners
AFFILIATE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
- A dedicated Program Director to guide affiliates to meet regional needs and the needs of the affiliate as an organization
- Templates, best practices and organizational documents
- Free regional trainings and online webinars covering a variety of topics such as fundraising, program management, volunteer management and event planning
- Mentorship from established affiliates in your region
- Annual conference with more than 30 educational sessions and 500 attendees
- A committee made up of staff, government agencies, peers and board members working on affiliates’ behalf
- Monthly email newsletters containing news, events and deadlines pertinent to the affiliate network
- Free supplies, signs and volunteer incentives for cleanup events such as the Great American Cleanup, Don’t mess with Texas Trash-Off and Keep Texas Waterways Clean programs
- Use of the KTB logo and reference to KTB affiliation, and assistance with marketing and promotion of local events
- An official KTB affiliate road sign to display in your community
- Grant opportunities for local affiliate programs in the areas of recycling, native gardens and cleanup events
- Access to an affiliate-only webpage with a forum, share-a-project, resources, templates and grant opportunities
- Access to Don’t mess with Texas campaign materials and support through our partnership with the Texas Department of Transportation
- Guidance and training with annual Governor’s Community Achievement Awards (GCAA)
- Statewide recognition opportunities through the Keep Texas Beautiful Awards for local affiliate partner programs, educators, youth and volunteers
- Statewide recognition for affiliates who exceed annual requirements
- KTB provides significant funds to affiliates to be used to create and expand local community improvement programs
- In 2015, KTB affiliates received grants and in-kind services valued at more than $270,000
Interested in learning more?
- Coming soon- check back later for a brand new Keep Texas Beautiful webinar.
Listen to this pre-recorded webinar at your convenience. Please note that you will have to complete a brief registration form to access the recording.
- Submit our online form